Welcome! nod ‘n’ smile was launched in July 2011 to share the adventures and misadventures of a life lived differently.
If you’re visiting for the first time, here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll find on this blog and some of the posts you may want to check out first:
Travels: Stories from past and current travels, across the country and around the world. They’re categorized by location but here are a few good posts to start with:
- Round-the-World: how our round-the-world trip came to be, and tips and resources to help you plan your own big adventure
- Great Adventures That Weren’t: because sometimes misadventures make for the best stories
New York for the Un-Tourist: Adventures and observations of life in New York City
- New York, I Love You: why NYC is our home and inspiration
- 11 Tidbits You May Not Have Known About Life in NYC: some of the oddball things that make NYC interesting
- 5 Things You Must Do in NYC: ideas for an off-the-beaten path trip to the city
Other good stuff:
- Personal Musings: ramblings about travel and life
- He Said/She Said: sick of me? Read this interview series with traveling couples instead!
- Photo Friday: if you want to skip past the verbiage and just look at pretty pictures
We love getting to know like-minded folks, so please leave us comments, shoot us an e-mail and return often to see what’s going on and to share your own insights and experiences.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and we look forward to getting to know you!